Monday, December 28, 2015

Feliz Navidad

Hello Everyone!

We have shortened email time because of Christmas, so this email will be shortened as well.

So I had my first baptism this week!
It was amazing, I wish I had time to describe more, but suffice it to say that I felt warmth in my heart knowing that I had helped bring joy to someone, because I saw in my investigators face (now newly baptized member) a hope for a better life. On the same day there was a wedding and then baptism for two investigators of the other missionaries in our area, and I was told that I would be baptizing them because the man was rather hefty. (Flexes biceps impressively.) I guess all that weight lifting had a purpose after all!

So this past week we had what is called the week of sacrifice, where we get up, have shortened studies, and work hard (hard) from ten in the morning to 9 at night, with a shortened lunch break of 20 to 30 minutes. For most of the week I was with one of the mission leaders in my area, called splits. It´s a great opportunity to learn from someone who´s been here a lot longer than I. I absolutely loved working with him, although at the end of the day I fell into my bed, absolutely dead. I also got a wonderfully deep sunburn. Now to all those mothers out there who at the very moment of reading this are shaking their fingers and saying in an exasperated voice "Why in Heavens name did you not wear sunscreen you silly boy?" I would just like to say that I have been here a month and a half and not ONCE have I needed sunscreen. The sun just had it out for me this week, Okay? I may happen to look like an over ripe tomato, but I am not (overly) stupid.

The last thing we did that was a lot of fun was for the ward Christmas party. You will have to refer to the picture because there is absolutely no way I can describe it, but golly was it funny.

What strengthens my faith when I´m down? I leaned something in my studies this week, it´s that faith is a process of patience. My faith most certainly is not perfect. I lack almost too much of that which a good person should have. But when in doubt, I fall to my knees in the most sincere and honest prayers I have ever offered. To my intensely logical mind, I love the fact that faith is testable. Meaning that by doing things like attending church, praying, reading in the scriptures, we can see if the seed of faith is good by watching to see if it grows. If we have feeling of peace and love in our hearts. That helps me :) Unflinching honesty in the face of our faults.

Love Y´all.

Oh fine. Feliz Navidad. I hope you´re happy.

Indomitably,

Elder Noah M. Toney

No comments:

Post a Comment