Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy, grateful, and loving the work

Hello Everyone!  We got to the internet café early today because it gets filled quickly.

A word about dogs. Before my mission, I did not hate them. Now I do. They are evil, malicious, hateful creatures whose sole duty in life is to scare the bejeebies out of me.

Not a whole bunch to write this week, sorry.

Funny story: Yesterday we were walking down a dirt road in the jungle when this man calls out to us, "Hey, men of God, Come here!" We turned to go talk with him. He was rather inebriated shall we say. We talked for a bit (well we talked, he swayed drunkenly) and then turned to leave, then he grabbed my companions hand and started crying.  He gave me an awkward hug and left. Random, thy name is drunk.

Lesson: gratitude. If you aren´t happy, it´s because you aren´t grateful. In reality, even if our lives are hard, there is still so much we have been given. Try thinking of your blessings next time you´re sad.

The miracle is that I´m really starting to enjoy the work more. When you love what you´re doing, everything is better!

Veritably,

Elder Noah M. Toney


No comments:

Post a Comment