Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dare to Act

Hello All!

I understand Indiana finally received some warm weather!  Warm weather hit us too! Oh wait...it´s always warm here...I actually miss the cold. But it did rain for the first time in 5 months, that
was pretty cool. Costa Rica doesn't have air conditioning, that stuffs expensive. The chapel does have air conditioning, but only a couple rooms. It is very rare to find air conditioning any where else.

Speaking of companions....we have transfers today! I´m actually in San José as I write this. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I´m still in Santa Cruz. But my companion got switched out, hence my being in San José. My new companions name is Elder Salazaro. He is also guatemalteco, and has a year in the mission, but from the hour or two that I´ve been with him, he seems like a great person and a savvy Elder. I will be sure to write more about him when I know more. I´m excited for this transfer, we´re gonna go help the world :) Also, there seems to be a mistake, because they have made me district leader. I am now in charge of seven other missionaries. four sisters, and three elders. Although I am grossly unprepared, I am extremely excited. Honestly I just can´t wait. I've got a lot of hopes, and a lot of plans, and with the Help of Heavenly Father, we´ll see how this adventure goes.

I got a bit of a crash course in leadership this morning. Almost all of my district had transfers, so we were all in San José, and while the majority of us were together, there was one companionship of
sisters that had to go to a different place. So trying to get everything figured out was a bit of a fiasco. To make a long story short, after getting chewed out by my zone leaders, I got all the right people in the right places, and off we went looking for a place to write our families. The problem is that half of my district had suitcases, BIG and HEAVY suitcases, and the majority were sisters, so I got a real good workout lugging baggage all over San José. I feel like this is the Lord's way of punishing me for never exercising in the mornings. Speaking of mornings, did I mention that I didn't get a chance to sleep last night? Our bus left at 2:30 in the morning. And after helping Elder Lopez pack an all that jazz, there just wasn't much time to sleep. Besides, I was too excited to sleep, or eat for that matter I am starving! Sorry that´s my belly talking. Because of all the heat an stuff, I've lost a little weight. Good news is, I´m not getting fat!

I am happy. I am doing good things. I´m am not perfect, in fact I´m so far from perfection you´d think I was allergic to it. It ain´t even funny. But I´m getting better, and I am ever grateful to a Father in
Heaven who helps me. Christ died for our sins, but also so that we could have some growing space, to strengthen us. I want to be here, I want to work. I once read "When you truly understand this message, you will have a strong desire to share it" I think I´m beginning to understand. But it´s an interesting topic, When we really understand something, we act.  If you´re not acting, I´m sorry, but you DO NOT understand. If you have knowledge of the church and you don´t act to find out if it´s right or not, you simply do not understand how important the message is, and how much it can help you. Listen, I´m not excluding myself from this, I've spent a lifetime not acting on what I heard, but it's because I didn't understand. Try to understand. Dare to act, dare to try, dare to live a better life than the one you have been living.

Love,

Elder Noah M. Toney
Brighten your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment