Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Teaching with Pres

Hello Everyone,

I had a fun experience yesterday: One of my missionaries has kidney stones. Had, actually, because Saturday they operated on him and luckily he didn't have to go home. It was a relatively small surgery and actually they didn't cut him open at all....suffice it to say that I am NEVER going another day without drinking tons of water. *shudder* Anyways, I was on splits with him so that his companion, who is a new missionary, didn't have to be cooped up in the house. We went to a ward baptism because we had to be in the chapel anyway for the Christmas devotional. And president shows up!  Sometimes I miss being far away from the mission home, because when you live more than five hours away from headquarters, no one ever shows up unannounced.  Actually, no one shows up ever!  After the service, while the participants were getting dried and dressed, my mission president leans over and says, "You should be taking advantage of this time to teach the Plan of Salvation (which basically teaches Gods recipe for our happiness).  You got lucky because Elder Brassanini (SeƱor kidney stones) can´t do very much."  For those that don't know my president, he seems very stern.  When he says things, it kind of makes you wet yourself a little, especially since I have rarely talked with president.  Since I´m a "leader" and should know these things, I pipe up and say, "Hey president, you wanna teach with me then?" In the moment before I said that I thought, "snapple, what do I do?" and "by golly have I got an idea" So we taught, and it was a lot of fun. I think it went over well with him, but I couldn't tell if he was angry or pleased based on his face. It was hard to tell.

Out of time. I love you all.

Irrepresably,

Elder Noah M. Toney
We went to the temple to see one of my converts and an old friend






No comments:

Post a Comment