Sunday, January 22, 2017

The biggest miracle

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I haven't written.  I was scolded today by Jacqueline--so here I go:

There are a few things that have been going on in my life right now. I am in the midst of the biggest miracle I have ever seen. One day we were walking past an open door, because I´m ever curious, I turned to look inside, in the seconds long glimpse I caught I saw a man and his wife talking, the wife said hi in response to my greeting, and we continued on. A few paces later, I am not quite sure why, I turned back and started a conversation. They quickly let us in (rather uncommon) Thus commenced a journey. In the first few minutes after the prayer the man began to cry. He told us that not long before we arrived, he had had a vision that two people came to his door to talk to him about Jesus Christ, and that he decided that he would join the first church that came to his door, like in the vision.

That was us.

We went back a couple days later. The lesson was powerful. He shared with us that in all his years of living in that house he had never let any come in, and that they always had the door shut because he doesn't like visitors. And that ever since that first prayer he had had peace that he hasn't had for years, and he feels much less stress. After the closing prayer he said that he felt like the eunuch that was traveling with Paul, who wanted to be baptized the fastest that he could. Since then he has not missed a Sunday. That was about three weeks ago.

There is more to the story, but it would take a long time to write so someday I´ll put it on all paper.

I Sadly just received notice that one of my missionaries has got to return home for health problems, that´s the second time it has happened in my time as a Zone Leader. It´s mighty sad to see one of your family go home early.

Lately I have been seeing many tender mercies of the Lord. Every time that I am in a lesson and the Spirit is strong and I feel its´guidance, I leave feeling humbled. I know that I don´t deserve to be present in such things, and that it certainly isn´t for my talent or skill that things went well. Often I feel the slight desire to cry, because I know that the Lord is working, and all that I want is to not impede it. It´s a strange feeling, hard to describe. I love these people, and fight to be better so that I might better serve them.

Love you all!

Remittedly,

Elder Noah M. Toney

No comments:

Post a Comment