Monday, July 17, 2017

Shoulder to shoulder

Hello Everyone!

It has been crazy here.  I think that is my life theme, things just get crazier.

So this past week we went to Guanacaste again, Las Juntas, Bagaces, and Upala, where the hurricane Otto hit a couple months back. I love working with the ground level missionaries. It is so much better than being in the office. All of these areas are groups, that is they are just starting off, so there is a lot of work to do. We had six good days of sleeping on the floor, it´s like a camp out with out the marshmellows.

My Pday has changed back to Mondays!

Our job as traveling assistants is to go and get to know the missionaries, and see how we can help them, from a shoulder to shoulder perspective, working with them. We want these missionaries to have the best experiences of their lives, and knowing them better helps us to really see what they need, and how to help them. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to get what they want, but what they need. For example, when we do transfers with president, it helps when you know a person, I have heard, and agree with it to a certain point that information precedes revelation, which is to say that we should study it out in our mind, and do our best to get to a conclusion, and then we ask the Lord about it.

I love you all!

Untarnishedly,

Elder Noah M. Toney








Traveling



A member friend

Elder Lopez

My comp and I


My son


No comments:

Post a Comment