Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Life is good to those who see good

Hello,

Just as a general notice that I will be extending my mission, this means that I will not be coming home in September, rather in October, October 19. I know this is a rather unexpected change, and that I didn't really give any indication as to my plans, but it is the right decision. I made it like I made the decision to come on a mission; that is to say I never really consciously made it. It just got to the point where I had to act and I acted. The mission was never really a question for me, although I had never really thought seriously about it, when the moment came, there was no doubt, no moment of hesitation, there was action. Of the course of my mission I have become profoundly grateful for many things, the greatest being the change that I have seen in my own heart, and the hope that I have for the future, I live differently now, I see differently, life has more luster, honestly. So the thought about giving another six weeks to the Lord wasn't even a question, I could not deny the Lord that. So when I felt that it was a need, I went, and I spoke with President. Some decisions require a lot of work, a lot searching, some do not.

This past week we worked in Guanacaste again, This time in Liberia. I have discovered something about myself, generally when I speak one on one with a person, or in a small group, it goes over really well. But when I speak to large groups, there are always doubters and haters, which is fine, I have learned the valuable lesson that public opinion, or even the opinion of a few individuals, does not dictate the truth. Honesty in all things, recognition of one's own imperfections and strengths are very effective offsetters to any chance that one might have to feel bad about the fact that not all people are going to like you. I believe this; If I, being imperfect make a mistake, but am willing to recognize it, willing to get better, and wanting only to be my best, am therefore criticized by he who would have me be perfect in order to accept me, I am under no obligation whatsoever to pay attention to such remarks, and choose, rather, to listen to those who wish to help me. My theory is to let those who wish to misunderstand wend their own way, but be ever ready to help should it be possible. I will live my life with hope and faith knowing that today I am better than I was yesterday, and that tomorrow will be yet brighter. Life is good to those who see good.

If my ill-organized thoughts are halfway understood, I'll be happy, if not, be free to ignore the sentiment :)

I love you all!

Aspiringly,

Elder Noah M. Toney

No comments:

Post a Comment